Return to Newsletter Index
DGX - Dependable Global Express
Dear Valued Customer,
The following is provided for your information:
The U.S. has imposed sanctions on Russia, Belarus and parts of Ukraine which include but are not limited to:
- Export blocks on technology to Russia.
- Addition of Russian and Belarusian individuals and other entities to the Specially Designated Nationals (SDN) list.
- Trade embargo with some regions in Ukraine banning imports and exports.
We advise that you familiarize yourself with the most up to date information if doing business with these regions.
Currently all Ukrainian ports are closed. Russian ports remain operational and international flights are restricted in Russia. Commercial Russian flights are prohibited through EU, UK and Canada.
The Russian Federation Ukraine War may impact the Global Supply Chains as follows:
- Increased oil prices can push up transportation fuel costs.
- Adding burden to shipping lanes already constrained by limited ocean transportation capacity, congestion and general delays.
- Asia tradelane ocean and air freight rates in particular may surge.
- Ascending natural gas and electricity prices would lead to increased manufacturing costs thereby raising the prices of import/export goods.
- Increasing raw material and commodity prices.
- Cyber Warfare may target supply chain service providers, infrastructure and technology severely worsening the current international logistics disruption.
DGX is monitoring the situation and will report on any new sanctions directly affecting international trade.
The offices listed below will be closed for the holiday as follows:
Labour Day (Perth)
Adelaide Cup Day (Adelaide)
Labour Day (Melbourne)
Please remember that certain offices are across the International Dateline. The dates above for the non-USA offices holidays are their dates, not the actual U.S. date.
Tell Us How We’re Doing
We would love your feedback! We use Trustpilot, an online platform for sharing customer experiences. Please visit our Trustpilot page and let us know how we’re doing. Your feedback will help guide our efforts to continuously improve our service to you and others - our customers!
DGX Blog – Shipping Insights
We encourage you to visit our blog at www.dgxglobal.com to see our latest updates, progress, helpful hints, and shipping insights. Once there you can access links to our other social media pages, where we share company items we believe are newsworthy.
Should you have any questions, please contact your local DGX office or representative, or call us at 888-488-4888 or at 310-669-8888.
Thank you for your business – we appreciate it!