We are seeking and Import Coordinator. This is a remote position but you must be reside in California.
Job responsibilities and duties include:
Successful candidate will have a strong working knowledge of CargoWise.
II) JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Import Documentation collection, review and processing. Ensure that all import documentation is issued in a timely manner, in accordance to government regulations and void of errors.
Reviews shipping documents upon receipt from overseas DGX and agent offices to ensure complete compliance with US Customs and other governmental agencies regulations.
Confirms documents receipt to overseas DGX or agent offices and requests corrections or additional documentation as required.
Issues and distributes pre-alerts, arrival notices and related documents to customers and brokers in a timely and accurate manner.
Ensure collection of properly endorsed original bills of lading or written authority to release shipments without originals prior to freight release.
Creates and forwards authority to make entries to carriers and airlines.
2) Create and maintain shipment files
Opens file in our system as soon as documents/pre-alerts are received. Inputs shipment data into the import system correctly.
Ensure timely logging of import shipments into our system in order to provide customers with the ability to trace their shipments on our website.
3) Facilitate payment to carriers and vendors
Enter cost in the billing screen in our system upon receipt of ocean carrier, co-loader invoice, airline or CFS invoice.
Request vendor’s payment check in accordance to the accounting department procedures.
Remit payment to the vendor in a timely manner.
Review for accuracy and approve brokers, truckers and other vendors’ invoices and turn over to accounting for payment.
4) Process billing to customers and agents
Create invoice in our system with little to no errors and forward to customer for payment as soon as all charges are gathered.
Create an invoice in our system to issue a debit/credit note for DGX overseas branch or agent office for prepaid charges.
5) Collect payment for our services
Collect payment from customer conforming to DGX credit and collection policies prior to freight release for cash only customers.
Forward shipment release request in accordance to DGX credit policy and procedures to the collections department for credit customers.
6. Customer service. Efficient customer oriented service and ensure total customer satisfaction.
Respond to customer’s requests for shipment information including but not limited to shipment status, arrival notification, cargo release inquiries, freight charges, shipment tracking, etc.
B) Respond to other departments, DGX and agent offices inquiries pertaining to import shipments in a timely manner.
7. Act as liaison between DGX offices and agents to ensure smooth processing of imports and correct any shipment and documentation problems as soon as possible.
Communicate with other DGX and agent offices on a daily basis to coordinate inbound shipments.
8. Shipment coordination with vendors to ensure proper and expeditious shipment handling conforming to customer’s instructions.
Coordinate third party vendors involved with the physical shipment handling or shipment paperwork.
9. Arrange shipment on forwarding to ensure timely delivery of goods to final destination.
Arrange shipment on forwarding to customer’s specified destinations with truckers and/or brokers.
Collect and forward Shipment Proof of Delivery to customer or agent.
Monitor and ensure that empty containers are returned to the terminals before detention charges are incurred. This only applies to FCL drayage performed by DGX dispatch department.
10. Shipment trouble shooting to avoid or minimize cargo availability and/or delivery delays.
Investigate and resolve troubled shipments.
Rate of Pays is $20.00 - $23.00 per hours based on experience.
We are proud to offer the following benefits:
- Bonus (discretionary)
- Free Dental insurance for employee
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Free Health insurance for employee
- Free Life insurance
- Paid time off (vacation & sick)
- Vision insurance
- Voluntary Benefits (Hospital, Accident, Life and Critical Illness)
We are a drug free work environment.
COVID-19 viral tests (PCR) with negative results will be required as a pre-employment policy (post-job offer) before entering the worksite.