Determines all internal/external customer requests (i.e. billing problems, billing disputes, tracing problems, POD request or other administrative functions) are promptly and properly answered/resolved within 48 hours of receipt.
Enters bookings into the system when called or emailed in from the customer.
Prepare any special billing information requested.
Investigates problems noted with customers, responds and takes corrective action to avoid similar problems in the future.
Investigates cubing discrepancies and determines who is correct then forwards the results of any "judgmental" situations with respect to its dock errors or changes for billing purposes to the Customer Service Manager for review and ultimate resolution should it exceed Supervisor authority.
Recommends steps to strengthen procedures in any given area of Customer Service when the procedures in effect are noted to be inadequate or weak.
Supplement training to sales and rate personnel (as assigned).
- 2+ years of transportation
- 3+ years of customer service '
- Proven customer support experience
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- High school diploma; college degree preferred
We are proud to offer the following benefits:
- Bonus (discretionary)
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Free Life insurance
- Paid time off (vacation & sick)
- Vision insurance
- Voluntary Benefits (Hospital, Accident, Life and Critical Illness)