Immediate position open for Claims /OS&D Clerk
Assists with processing claims and os&d matters and in accordance with identified goals, and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of this unit.
Logs in and acknowledges claims within 24 hours of receipt. Pulls copies of applicable investigatory documents, (proof of deliveries, initial Bills of Lading, outturns, etc).
Assists with the processing of claims on a timely basis and where DHX proven liable, presents complete files to the appropriate Department Manager within 30 days of filing with recommendations for approval of all claims for payment or denial, but in either case does not exceed 30 days from the date of the claim acknowledgement.
Investigates shortage claims
Research items related to OS&D and assist to resolve.
Corresponds with Agents and Customers on an "as necessary" basis to resolve OS&D/Claims situations.
Answers "status of claims" requests from Sales Representatives who are following up on behalf of customers, or the customers themselves.
- 2+ years of transportation
- 3+ years of customer service
- Proven customer support experience
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- High school diploma; college degree preferred
We are proud to offer the following benefits:
- Bonus (discretionary)
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Free Life insurance
- Paid time off (vacation & sick)
- Vision insurance
- Voluntary Benefits (Hospital, Accident, Life and Critical Illness)