Primary Purpose of Job
Collects on past due accounts in a timely, orderly and professional manner while following standardized collections procedures.
Major Job Accountabilities
· Responsible for collecting past due billings by minimizing losses in a goal-oriented environment using defined procedures.
· Contacts customers via collection calls and/or correspondence regarding their accounts.
· Assists customers with collections-related issues which include but is not limited to: account reviews, bill dispute resolutions, account reconciliations and account settlements.
· Applies knowledge of the company products and services, policies, procedures, and collections system when communicating with delinquent customers to properly evaluate and analyze account information to bring the account current.
· Documents communications and collection efforts timely, accurately, and succinctly.
· Identifies issues attributing to account delinquency and is able to escalate matters when necessary.
· Provides superior customer service in a professional and fair manner.
High School Graduate or College units (highly preferred)
· One (1) year commercial collections experience preferably in the freight industry, or
· Three (3) years Customer Service &/or Call Center experience preferably in the freight industry
Required Skills or Training
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong negotiation skills to deal with customers in adversarial situations.
· Must be able to resolve problems using sound judgment.
· Must be goal-oriented with strong attention to detail.
· Able to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities while working in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
· Proficient with using computers and utilizing multiple programs to perform research.
· MS Excel work experience
· Commitment to excellent customer service.
COVID-19 viral tests (PCR) with negative results will be required as a pre-employment policy (post-job offer) before entering the worksite.