The Human Resources Generalist will partner with operations to assist with employee related processes and administration. This includes employment, benefits, policy, procedures, employee relations issues, performance management, training coordination, and compliance. The position is responsible for supporting KPI’s and administering human resource practices to meet departmental and company objectives. The success of this role’s objectives will facilitate an employee-oriented, high-performance workplace through the development of an employee engaged culture that emphasizes quality and ongoing growth.
Essential functions - Job Duties: The following duties are considered essential to the job. Qualified individuals must have the ability – with or without reasonable accommodation to perform the following duties:
· Actively participates in recruitment by attracting, assessing, selecting and on-boarding team members. Conducting pre-employment background checks and processing offer letters complying with employment legal regulations.
· Responsible for delivering on-boarding and meeting all pre and pro employment requirements.
· Works closely with the Executive Management to support initiatives, KPI’s and compliance with policy, employment, and labor laws. Partners with Chief Culture Officer to administer the company programs; evaluate personnel actions for compliance and accuracy, and provide policy guidance to managers.
· Maintains an in-depth industry knowledge of HR related disciplines related to day-to-day management of employees in alignment with business objectives.
Investigate, document, and resolve common employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective findings as necessary. Interviews complainant and witnesses as necessary and makes recommendations.
· Ensures regulatory compliance to identify and reduce legal risks. Escalates matters that may need legal review or additional input at a senior management level.
· Deliver training and development experiences on a variety of soft skills, compliance, safety, leadership, and other HR related topics.
· Provides input on business unit workforce planning, structure, staffing alignments and other efforts.
· Assist business functional leaders to develop and implement a clear plan for ensuring that there is ready talent to meet strategic business objectives.
· Provide coaching to leaders on the effective utilization of development tools such as job assignments, job rotations, assessments, development programs, training, and coaching and mentoring.
· Participate in and sometimes lead project teams to support the development and implementation of enterprise-wide HR processes and programs.
· Facilitate a supportive work environment and an engaged workforce consistent with the company mission, core values, and culture.
· Advise and consult with Chief Culture Officer on operational decisions; facilitating the development of departmental systems or protocols that promote HR strategy policies, and procedures are followed.
· Systems administration for ADP Workforce such as recruitment, on boarding, performance management, and compensation.
· Work in collaboration with the HR team to implement metrics/dashboard, processes, systems, and best practices to measure progress and ensure consistent practices across all markets.
· Complete reports, summaries, analyze documents, preparing presentations, completing research, track information, prepare or update excel spreadsheets, copying, scanning, etc.
· Performs other duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
· Bachelor’s degree (B.S or B.A.) from four-year College or university in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Psychology or five-years work related experience.
· Proficient in ADP Workforce Now (Recruitment, Onboarding, Performance Management and Payroll).
· Demonstrated working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines including Federal and state employment laws, leave practices, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and project management.
· Strong technical ability to work with software applications, including the development.
· PHR or SHRM CP certification preferred.