Benefits Offered: Dental, Medical, Vision, 401K, FSA, Paid Holidays, Sick Time, Discretionary Bonus
Employment Type: Full-Time
MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Managing a team of dispatchers AND drivers
2. Class A Driver’s License with Hazmat endorsement (preferred)
3. Detailed knowledge of Port of Los Angeles and Port of Long Beach
4. Lives with an easy commute of Rancho Dominguez
5. Detailed knowledge of drayage, ocean freight, NVOCC, FTL, LTL
Overview of Duties:
This role reports to the Operations will manage all dispatch operations. Plan, directs, and controls pick-up and delivery schedule for Los Angeles Port, Long Beach Port and inland drayage operations, truck allocation, dispatching, and communication functions to drive the economical utilization of dispatch facilities personally or through subordinate supervisors. Strategic planning and forward thinking to meet or exceed service level requirements of customers. Ability to prioritize and provide direction to the team with the best course of action in a high paced and time sensitive environment. Implement best practices to minimize operational costs through productivity and cost related to demurrage / per diem of containers and chassis.
A successful candidate will be able to execute/ manage all aspects of dispatch operations at a high level while minimizing operational costs through route optimization and productivity. This includes days when resources are low. Must be bi-lingual in Spanish/ English and have strong port drayage/ trucking knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Strategic Daily Dispatch management which includes implementing process and procedures to minimize operational costs through route optimization and productivity.
· Development of Dispatchers and Drivers. Train, mentor, and prepare staff/ company drivers to be the best in class.
· Ensure full compliance of all DOT regulations including Hours of Service for all drivers in real time.
· Accountable for Driver KPI performance – Proof of Delivery, Event Confirmation, and On-Time delivery performance.
· Accountable for the coordination of training and retraining of drivers for Driver KPI metrics.
· Accountable for company driver fleet productivity (moves/driver/shift).
· Accountable for planning and strategies to optimize the daily dispatch to maximize driver and equipment capacity, avoiding demurrage, equipment per diem, dry runs, bobtails, incorrect deliveries, incomplete delivery paperwork, etc.
· Develops policies, programs, procedures, and strategies for the efficient operation of the transportation system and terminal operations.
· Demonstrated expertise in the core operating systems utilized in dispatch and the management of the driver fleet (TMS, Telematics, GPS/Geo-fencing, etc.).
· Responsible for performance evaluations of dispatch personnel and drivers.
· Conducts continuous analyses of truck and driver assignments and analyzes scheduling for possible consolidation reviews and revises driver schedules to increase efficiency and to lower costs.
· Provides accurate daily and weekly reporting to senior management.
· Effectively collaborates with the Customer Service team to meet or exceed our customer’s expectations.
· Professional and respectful etiquette with drivers and internal/external customers.