Onsite position - Oahu, Hawaii
This position is primarily responsible for: Planning, directing, and implementing safety programs to ensure a safe, healthy, and accident–free work environment.
- 5 + years of practical experience managing site safety, including warehouse, drivers, and office personnel.
- 5 + years of transportation safety experience; strong understanding of DOT, Yard Safety, DOT compliance, and accident investigation.
- Valid driver’s license required, CDL preferred.
- Strong computer skills: Excel, Word, Google + Apps.
- Ability to communicate complex and detailed information verbally via telephone, in person and in writing.
- Ability to operate effectively in a high volume-fast paced, deadline driven work environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, organize and coordinate activities effectively in complex situations.
- High standard of integrity and reliability.
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills.
- The ability to work well as part of a team.
- Willing to work in non-climate-controlled conditions.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Complete the DHX-Dependable Hawaiian Express employment application, submit to a background screening (to include criminal checks, past employment, and education), and pass a drug screening.
Reports To: Terminal Manager
- Has authority to hire or terminate drivers.
- Red tag drivers or equipment.
- Purchasing authority.
- Develop training plans and implement programs.
Pay: $28.00 - $35.00 per hour commensurate with experience
- 401(k) employer contributions
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance