DGX-Dependable Global Express, a leading freight forwarding service organization headquartered in Los Angeles CA seeks an air export professional to join its high paced airfreight team in its Rancho Dominguez, CA office. This is a great opportunity for the right individual. Our mission is to provide freight forwarding solutions to enrich the lives of our customers, agents, vendors, and employees. We foster a close-knit environment that supports and celebrates our successes. This creates a great experience for everyone involved. We provide our airfreight specialist a large suite of shipment routing opportunities within our global and domestic networks. This is an outstanding opportunity to not only create success for our customers but also for yourself. This requires the ability to develop deep and meaningful relationships with all those involved in the supply chain logistics industry; vendors, customers, as well as internal customers.
Main responsibilities include:
- Be on time every day ready to work.
- Respond to emails with fast turnaround times, be passionate and unrelenting with this, almost all of our communication is email based.
- Follow up with all concerned parties on all requests, don't miss any request.
- Respond with quotations again with fast turnaround times.
- Arrange trucker pickups & drops.
- Arrange airline bookings, negotiate spot rates on every opportunity possible.
- Billing & Costing of files using our Cargowise system.
The successful Airfreight candidate must be:
- Motivated, self-starter, articulate in communication
- Mentally tough and willing to take the pressures to make service commitments as a normal part of the business day-to-day
- Consistent in performing daily airfreight forwarding behaviors and functions, especially TSA mandates
- Able to implement feedback from managers quickly and constructively
- Detail-oriented and organized with excellent follow-up skills and heavy coordination capability
- Ability to work independently (on auto-pilot) yet in a close team environment.
The successful Airfreight candidate must have:
- Min 2-5 years of airfreight forwarding experience able to demonstrate growth via a polished resume showing industry development and continuous learning.
- Compliance competency and understanding in areas of TSA, documentation requirements, able to speak about cargo insurance.
- Although not a deal breaker, having Cargowise experience is a big plus to us!
WARNING: You should apply only if you view yourself as a star performer! We need you to consistently perform above Airfreight behaviors. What's in it for you is a career path that can lead to outstanding personal success.
If you're looking for growth and opportunity as an Airfreight professional within a fast-paced freight forwarding solutions provider, Please apply.
Dental insuranceHealthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as FSAs
Education assistance or tuition reimbursement